All about Hospitality Industry:
Hospitality industry is one of the most glamorous places to work in where you are continuously on your feet meeting and greeting new people from all over the world who visit the hotel for consumption of various services and facilities.
Hospitality is something where you show care for others not just because they pay for it but as a hospitality professional when you see that wide smile on the guests face it gives you the job satisfaction of having a happy client walking out of your property. Hospitality professionals have gone through so many encounters with guests visiting the hotel for services and facilities and when they walk out with feedback of appreciation it creates a motivation to keep doing better and better day in and day out on the job.
Requirements to become a Hospitality Professional:
Hospitality professionals open up new worlds. They are playing a significant role in the Hotel Industry without Hospitality Professional no Hotel industry can survive in a smooth way. So, Here are some essential requirements to become a Hospitality Professional –
- Passion and Pride – Passion is one of the biggest driving forces that encourage a person to go ahead and perform a task or a job efficiently and effectively. The hospitality industry is more about having a passion to serve people and make someone’s day by cheerfully giving a quick service. One should always have the pride of doing a job of a service person, no one should sense that the job is low profile. So, one should have a passion for becoming a successful Hospitality Professional.
- Communication Skills – The good Communication Skill is an essential requirement for becoming a successful Hospitality .As good hospitality professional, the art of communication has to be mastered. It’s not just about speaking but listening too and maintaining appropriate body language displaying a positive approach. There will be lots of guests from different parts of the world where it’s of the utmost importance to listen to them carefully and then speak.
- Grooming & Hygiene – Another requirement for Hospitality Professional is that a person should be Hygienic and up to date with all forms. Being a glamorous industry and a place where you meet people continuously it’s of utmost importance that you need to be well-groomed and hygienic. It’s not only about wearing good clothes but carrying yourself well, mostly hotels have uniforms which are designed very elegantly to identify the employees amongst the guests. It’s the employee who should ensure that he/she carries well as per the standards of the hotel, clean shaving for men, nails well-trimmed, shows well-polished, well-ironed, and clean uniform are some of the basics which are important to be followed.
- Commitment & Dedication – A hospitality professional should be totally committed not just towards his/her job but also towards the guest who visits the hotel to whom he/she is serving to give him/her customer satisfaction by ensuring they walk out with a smile on their face and are willing to come back many more times. A dedicated professional is the one who can go one step ahead ensuring he knows his/her guest’s preferences and choices so before the guest asks for it it’s ready to be delivered.
- Teamwork – A hospitality professional is expected to be a good team player as to deliver the right services and facilities to the guest. It’s important to coordinate with each and every member involved in the service, as a member you should know his role well to coordinate with other members ensuring a smooth operation and service delivery.
- Flexibility – Hospitality is a segment that operates 24/7*365 the person involved should be flexible enough not just to work in shifts but even during challenging situations
- Entrepreneurial Approach – A hospitality professional should never have thought of just being an employee employed in a hotel working day in and day out but should always have a mind set of belongingness towards the hotel or the organization.
Hospitality professionals should be the ones who not only just give quick and efficient service but also keep track of revenue generation, upselling, suggestive selling, marketing of products and services, and many more. These qualities thus help to become a better employee and Excellent Hospitality Professional.